Children matter to God. That being said, it is our calling to help children experience Jesus in personally meaningful ways, grow in His abundant life and fall in love with Him even from the youngest age. Throughout their childhood, children are forming their first impressions of God, thus ministry to children must be intentional, interactive and Biblically based. We must be diligent in teaching children truths about God and who He created them to be as they form their foundational beliefs about God. It is with these beliefs that they will build a lifetime of faith.
What to expect from FBC Children's Ministry:
We commit to come alongside families as they nurture and encourage the spiritual development of their children, and to equip children to KNOW their God, LIVE their faith, and SHARE their hope.
- Biblical based teaching
- Outreach/service opportunities for the children
- Developmentally appropriate and child-centered teaching and learning
- Creative and interactive experiences
- Respect and love for children and their childhood
- Safe environment that fosters community and allows for children to learn, explore, discover, and question God
- Safety and security of children
- Desire to partner with parents to equip them with resources and skills needed to nurture their child's spiritual growth